10.14.2009

Sometimes it doesn't come together- Part 2




Back in July I started work on a crown that gave me some trouble. I wrote about my struggles with this crown in a July 22 post. I have had the wire armature sitting on a table in the studio since then. Well, one day last month I walked in the studio and found myself picking up the armature. What made that day different from any other? I don't know, but once it had my attention I was off and running. It's the first crown that incorporates one of my paper mache animals.
The name of this piece is A Bird in the Head is Worth 2 in the Hand. I used book pages, gesso, gouache, graphite, cloth, shellac, and thread. It is on display at the Penland Gallery's current show The Barns :2009.

Sometimes it does come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment