5.08.2009

Pollyanna




I often wonder if I am a Pollyanna.  In a difficult situation I try to find the silver lining- to make lemonade out of lemons.  Is this a defensive reflex or a healthy attitude?  The name "Pollyanna" currently has a negative connotation, but it was not always so.  Recently I have been challenged with a heavy burden; part of my making, but part out of my control.  As I struggle to plunge ahead with my life I'm looking for the ray of sunshine that comes after the storm.


Pollyanna and 6 more of my artist books are currently on view at Blue Spiral 1 in Asheville, NC.  Blue Spiral is having their first Book Show entitled By The Book which includes work by 12 artists.  There was a great turn out for the opening last Thursday and lots of enthusiasm for this fun show.  White gloves are provided so you can handle the books.  Thank you Blue Spiral 1 for supporting Book Arts!

If you would like to view part of the show follow this link and scroll down to By The Book.

http://www.bluespiral1.com/Images_current/09may-june/currentx.htm



No comments:

Post a Comment